bhugagiri

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

If Marriages were made in heaven, I must be God's own Johny Lever

Sometimes I sit down to think about my school days & I cannot resist myself laughing alone. People around me look at me as if I am crazy. Actually there are completely wrong. Anyway, I am gonna start writing a series of events which happened in my school holidays. Many of them are about marriages and hence the title.

This was my first funny experience with marriages. I had to attend this wedding of our family friend's daughter. I must have been 12-13 yrs old. I was given a important responsibility (At least that is how it appeared to me at that time) to hold the flowers. So I was standing near a stage midst the rain of akshta ( auspicious rice thrown at groom and bride). The stage was build with planks of wood arranged on a square structure of steel. As the final moment reached with every ready to run, so that they can catch a place for themselves for eating. The stage broke down and everyone on or near stage fell down. I was the last man standing. Everyone was staring at me as if I had done something. Fortunately nobody was seriously hurt. After ensuring that everyone ok the crowd started laughing. Some of the gentlemen who were 21-22 years old, told me that it was funniest thing that they have seen in any marriage and they started thanking me for it.

Man! I did not know what to do and I still do not know what I should have done. Accept the thanks saying "my pleasure" or deny it. Doesn't really matter, b'coz everyone believed that I did something.

I will post another of these stories sometime this week or next week. Till then bye and thanks for reading. Looking forward to your comments.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home