bhugagiri

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Future Communication

The other day I was talking with my folks in India. My mother handed over phone to my father. Our conversation goes like this.
"Hey, how are you? What's up?"
"Pretty Good. How abt urself?"
"Not bad for an old man. It has been raining cats & dogs here. Looks like the crop would be good this season. "
"Oh! That sounds good. How abt ur school?"
"Well! On that front, everything is cool. I will give it your mom."

By the way, it was my birthday and he forgot to wish me. I spoke with my mother who was all the time telling him in background abt to wish me. Then she said, you know he has a lot of love for all of you in his heart but was never able to put in words." I agree with her.

With that in mind when I went to bed, I started thinking about my communication. I wasn't great either. I always had this problem in pronunciation. I was not able to present my thoughts whenever we had discussion in English. Probably I could convey only 30% of what was in my mind. We(Human Beings) were gifted with ability to talk. But should it be a distinguishing factor for knowledge in any other field? I am fine with being differentiated on basis of fluency in language when I take language courses, but why in other subjects. All human beings think using Brain and communicate it to all body using nervous systems. The language of communication should be same as nervous systems. Why should be there any difference based on command over any language?

I believe that our future in communication lies in making research in this direction. If we can decode the language used by nervous system or if we are able to make devices which would translate response of your body into a language common to all, we make communication much easier. More thoughts will be exchanged and our lives will be better. By creating language as a barrier we are blocking this exchange of knowledge.

Well, we still give people edge and they can choose to speak themselves when they want to. This would preserve the beauty of language as it exists today and make communication effective in case you need help of technology to put across your thoughts.

What do you think?

1 Comments:

  • If we can communicate better with ourselves , we can definately communicate effectively at any time ..to improve communication ..READ BUDDHA..:-)))

    By Blogger Unknown, at 6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home