bhugagiri

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Yahoo!

Man, I knew it! She is marvelous. You just cannot bit her energy & enthu. Oh! You must wondering what I am talking about. The Government of Maharashtra is encouraging all teachers, Govt. Employees to apply for CET. A test of computer literacy for them. My mother passed it with 60% at the age of 50. Well, I cannot deny that there was also a angle of learning how to mail so that she can communicate faster with me. But I did not help her anyway for her studies. She just did it on her own. She is just amazing. What next, I am gonna buy a modem, start email exchange with her and get her on orkut. Seriously, how much our parents try to be accommodative, how much of adjustment they make even at their age. Getting senti yaar! nyways, guys the treat is open, anyone who meets me in India, abroad after posting a comment on this one, within a month, will be treated.

3 Comments:

  • great to know .Congrats. I dont understand how to teach parents for emailing when it feels so easier to us. At the age of 61 and 54 , my father and mother are getting confused while creating an account.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 5:51 AM  

  • Keep it simple, yogesh. Teach them to start the PC, Open internet explorer, login to modem, login to email, write a email, logoff and switch of the PC. I gave a simple exercise to my mother. Asked my father to demand a new marathi song every evening. Copied some bhavgite, aarties to my PC. They play it every night for their prayers. Also loaded some karokes of bells, jingles so that it serves as background music for their pooja. This showed them that there is something for oldies like them. That worked! She opted for a computer class for CET. BTW, lets plan to meet on weekend of 12, I will fly on Monday the 14th. I owe you one.

    By Blogger bhuga, at 2:27 PM  

  • Hi Bhuga,
    Congratulation!! This inspired me to take my parents too to online world.
    And, ya you owe one for me too :-)

    By Blogger A n a n d, at 9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home