bhugagiri

Friday, October 07, 2005

Gully Cricket

While reading Yogesh's thought on gully cricket, many memories of it gathered in my mind. I was always a loser in field of cricket. I was lousy in catching. You can easily say I had butter fingers. Not good in batting and a chucker in bowling. I still recollect the joy in my heart when I first had caught Anup deep on a boundary. I had a uncanny habits of hitting slowest of fours in most difficult parts of ground. I could pull up a offside ball to score a boundary exactly behind the keeper. My memories of Interhouse cricket are also of a big loser. I participated in 2 most humiliating defeats of my house at school.

That's why I liked gully cricket. I was able to forget my image of a loser here. We used to play a game where you cannot hit above top and you will be given caught & bowl even if the ball is caught at first bounce. I used to bat for hours in such situation. So my friends introduced a upper limit for this game. I could also prove point or two in fielding. I had cover up my lousy fielding by showing what I had. I had a lot courage, so I used to stand very near to batsman, fearless about what can happen. So anything which could fit in my hand or I caught was a bonus. Beside it used to play on the batsman's mind that he did not wanted to hit a fellow player.

You see for my own sake, I liked it.

1 Comments:

  • Hi, you have a smashing blog here! I will certainly visit your site again ! I have a ideal cholesterol readings site. It close to treats everything that equates to ideal cholesterol readings material. If you have the opportunity, please come and check it out.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home