bhugagiri

Monday, October 03, 2005

Muzzaparnagar

Looks like Today's TOI had more than one interesting articles. This one was for burning his own daughter alive b'coz she was in love. Needless to say the boy was also killed. I was able to understand that her lover was killed but burning your own daughter alive was a bit too much for me to digest.
The father's answer to it was "Mari beti thi, manne mar dala, tanne kya?"
What shook me was not her father's answer but that of his brother's ( the victim's uncle). He is a teacher and he justifies these killings saying "youngsters should respect elders decision." In a society where teacher's do not guide correct course of action, they are bound to be such incidents.
My roomie narrated me another saga of this infamous town. The Hindu and Moslem population of town stays in ghettos divided by a river. During any Indo-Pak match, 2 men ( one from each community) are kidnapped by another community. Depending on which side won, the victorious side will slaughter the captive and the corpse will be thrown in river. The other man will be set free. I froze for a minute and then I could digest this new story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home