bhugagiri

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Guilt

22 August is Baba's b'day. After wishing him I started venturing in my memories for the days we had spent sharing a room in hostel for 3 years.

Though we have a lot of good times to remember, the one I remember is the last year. We had decided to be Roomies for 4 yrs and also had decided to be project partner in the last year. It wasn't a hard coded rule but was expected from both of us out of each other. However things did not work out well with us for third year and I moved out of the final year project.

From that time till today I always felt my decision was right. I would not have taken it if I felt I was wrong. With my moving out of last year project at last moment, everyone was upset. Though we did not had argument our interaction was very minimal.
However there is this strange feeling which has stayed over the years with me. The strange feeling I could identify as Guilt. I do not know why but I still feel it. Whenever I call up him I feel awkward because I feel guilty of breaching the code of conduct between the 2 close friends. The decision to do the project together was of 2 people but when it was reverted only one person's opinion had conducted. Is it why I feel guilt about it even now, I don't know.

Thanks baba for tolerating me over the years. :-)

1 Comments:

  • There 's no use lamenting over what has already happened. We could go on debating year after year about who was right and who was wrong. And anyway I have already got over what happened between us.

    Apart from this what prompted me to write was 'Five Point Someone' a book by Chetan Bhagat,
    a former IITian. This book is about the life of three friends during their four years at IIT. This book is a must read.

    Baba

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home