bhugagiri

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Russell Peters Stand-up Comedy

Last month, 10 Nov to be precise, I obeyed my sister's orders. She had asked me not to come back till I have seen few cultural events, plays, acts in US. So having seen the pirated copy of his act, I decided to experience the act first hand. Did I like it? Yeah! It was my first experience of stand up comedy and I liked it. The only thing which I could compare with it for Indian folks was Hasya Kavi Samelan in India. The other 2 guys also did their bit and they were good at it. The humor was racial and sarcasm. The pronunciation in English of different ethnic groups was the central theme. Add to it some of the funny customs and names of people and you have Russell Peters Stand-up Comedy show.

Would love to see these type of shows in India. Similarly would like to see street plays out here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home